1) Where are you located? We are a mobile service for Calgary and area, including but not limited to Cochrane, Airdrie, Okotoks and Priddis. Extra travel charges outside of Calgary may apply.
2) What age will you face paint? I paint adults and children. We don’t set an age limit. Usually children aged 2 years and up can sit still long enough to have their face painted. We can do younger children, but it might be a flower design on the cheek or something simple. We also do adults.
3) How long does it take? We can usually paint 8-10 full faces per hour per artist. More children can be accommodated per hour if we do partial faces, simpler designs or cheek art. We can twist up to 20 balloons per hour per artist. We can do 12-15 glitter or air brush tattoos per hour. For large events, we can provide custom facepaint stencils and do 20 per hour per artist.
4) What can I expect if I book a party? I will arrive approximately 10 minutes early to set up. I will bring all of my professional supplies, paint and glitter. We ask that you have a table and two chairs available for each artist you hire. You may pay by cash, cheque or email money transfer. Cancellations require 1 week notice. 50% deposit is required at booking. We have never and will never cancel a booked event, because I have a large team and have back up artists on call.
5) What type of face paints do you use? We have vibrant colors to choose from, even black light / UV light sensitive paint that glows! We order our paints and supplies through the USA and get some locally at art supply stores. We use professional FDA approved cosmetic grade face paints and glitter. I use Paradise paints which have coconut content making them smooth to apply. I also use Wolfe FX neon paints that provide vibrant colors in daylight and glow in black light. Note: In contrast, craft face paints and glitter should never be used on a child, because they can cause adverse effects.
6) Where did you learn how? I've enjoyed painting since a young age and took art courses in University. Much of what I do is self taught. I've refined my skills from online tutorials, an online tv station for face painting professionals, and by taking hands-on training workshops. I now teach others the art of face painting. All of my artists are professional and experienced.
7) Do you have any specials? Yes! My Birthday Party Special is $140 for up to 10 children add $10 for each additional face to customize your package. The package includes our amazing menu to choose from. All birthday parties include my amazing menu of designs, gems and glitter! We offer Balloon Twisting and Face Painting Special is $220 for up to 10 children. We offer a Glitter Tattoo Party Special for $140 for up to 12 children with $8 each additional child.
8) Can you offer discounts for charity events? I am always pleased to work with my clients to find an economical option for a worthy cause. I believe in giving back to the community. I have a number of New Talent Artists who are in-training and practicing new designs. I am able to offer these New Talents at special rates. Please contact me for details.
9) Can you do corporate events? Absolutely! This is our specialty and I provide personalized service to meet your event needs. I have a team of talented professional face painting artists working with me. We have done events for thousands of people, such as for the Calgary Flames Playoff games. Our competitive rates are $105/hr per face painting artist, one of the cheapest on the market. Contact us for a quote today! Our customers come back year after year because of our quality and friendly work. We also can create custom corporate logo stencils on request. Ask about our Stencil Face Painting for large events that keeps the line moving and is a crowd pleaser!
10) I'd like to learn how to face paint, can you teach me? Absolutely! I provide training to beginners. If you'd like a private training session please conact me for details. If you'd like to join my team as a New Talent Artist and get exposure to the in's and out's of being a facepainter, I can provide all the coaching you need. You'll get a chance to work with professional facepainters, join in on events, know what materials to use and where to buy them, learn face painting techniques and have lots of fun! Please send me an email if you'd like to know more. Check out one of my instructional videos on how to face paint a rainbow tiger!
11) How do we wash off the face paint? The paint is easy to remove. Just use soap (or gentle shampoo), warm water and a soft cloth. Baby wipes work well too! If any mild staining occurs, use a moisturizer on the face, wait 30 minutes then repeat the process or try using makeup remover. It is good practice to wash off the face before going to bed.
12) What other services do you provide? Balloon twisting, henna and mehndi, glitter and air brush tattoos, magicians, Photo Booths and caricature artists.
13) Why should I choose you? I am passionate about providing quality professional work. I have been in business since 2013 with repeat high end clients and I stand behind my work and that of my artists. I will never cancel an event if you have pre-booked since I have a large team who work with me and on call. I continually strive to bring creativity, new designs, lots of glitter and fun to special events. I believe as a mother, I along with my team, have a great rapport with children. I am a member of Clowns Canada and am fully insured. We hope you choose us for your next event! We'd love to make it spectacular.