1) Are you open during the current Covid-19 Pandemic? YES! All services are being provided. If you'd like to book face painting let us know! Other options include glitter tattoos and air brush tattoos on guests arms or legs. Balloon twisting is also a great option to consider either live at your event, or balloons can be pre-ordered and delivered to your party! $140 for 15 custom made balloon designs that you can use as unique party favours. Please inquire for further details.
2) What Covid-19 Precautions are in place? The health and safety of our Artists and guests remains our top priority. We have expanded our sanitizing and safety protocols. Our Artists will wear a mask while providing service and hand sanitize between each guest. We have a Well Child Policy in place. We provide a Guest Health Screening questionnaire we ask all guests to complete. We ask the client to confirm the recent health and travel of all guests attending and to ensure all guests use hand sanitizer before service. We ask the client to set up floor markings for guests to social distance while in line or provide a numbering system to call guests up when it is their turn. While the new measures might take time to get used to, we are proud to be leaders in our industry and excited and look foward to providing creativity to all guests in a safe environment.
3) Where are you located? We are a mobile service for Calgary and area, including but not limited to Cochrane, Airdrie, Okotoks and Priddis. Extra travel charges outside of Calgary may apply.
4) What age will you face paint? I paint adults and children. We don’t set an age limit. Usually children aged 2 years and up can sit still long enough to have their face painted. We can do younger children, but it might be a flower design on the cheek or something simple. We also do adults.
5) How long does it take? With expanded sanitizing processes in place we can usually paint 6-8 full faces per hour per artist. More children can be accommodated per hour if we do partial faces, simpler designs or cheek art. We can twist 15-20 balloons per hour per artist. We can do 10-12 glitter or air brush tattoos per hour. For large events, we can provide custom facepaint stencils and do approximately 15 stencil designs per hour per artist.
6) What can I expect if I book a party? I will arrive approximately 10 minutes early to set up and will be ready to go for the start time you booked. I will bring all of my professional supplies, paint and glitter. We ask that you have a table and two chairs available for each artist you hire. You may pay by cash, cheque or email money transfer. Cancellations require 1 week notice. 50% deposit is required at booking. We have never and will never cancel a booked event, because I have a large team and have back up artists on call.
7) What is your cancellation policy? Should you need to reschedule your event, please do so at least 7 days prior and we will make every effort to meet your needs. If you need to cancel the event, your retainer is not refundable but may be applied to a different date. Entire payment is forfeited should you cancel within 48 hours of your event because of the time already invested and having reserved the time slot preventing the Artist from booking anything else. This includes if you have to cancel within 48 hours because of developing Covid symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath or sore throat).
8) What type of face paints do you use? We have vibrant colors to choose from, even black light / UV light sensitive paint that glows! We order our paints and supplies through the USA and get some locally at art supply stores. We use professional FDA approved cosmetic grade face paints and glitter. You will get the very best in supplies. My kit is worth approximately $2,000 with rainbow cakes, stencils, glitter, face paints and more. I use Paradise paints which have coconut content making them smooth to apply. I also use Wolfe FX neon paints that provide vibrant colors in daylight and glow in black light. Note: In contrast, craft face paints and glitter should never be used on a child, because they can cause adverse effects.
9) Where did you learn how? I've enjoyed painting since a young age and took art courses in University. Much of what I do is self taught. I've refined my skills from online tutorials, an online tv station for face painting professionals, and by taking hands-on training workshops. I now teach others the art of face painting. All of my artists are professional and experienced.
10) Do you have any specials? Yes! My Birthday Party Special is $140 for up to 8 children. The package includes our amazing menu to choose from. All birthday parties include my amazing menu of designs, gems and glitter! We offer Balloon Twisting and Face Painting Special is $250 for up to 10 children. Our Glitter Tattoo and Face Painting Special is $250 for up to 10 children. We offer a Glitter Tattoo Party Special for $140 for up to 10 children. Additional time is charged at $110/hr per Artist in half hour increments.
11) Can you offer discounts for charity events? I am always pleased to work with my clients to find an economical option for a worthy cause. I believe in giving back to the community. I have a number of New Talent Artists who are in-training and practicing new designs. I am able to offer these New Talents at special rates. Please contact me for details.
12) Can you do corporate events? Absolutely! This is our specialty and I provide personalized service to meet your event needs. I have a team of talented professional face painting artists working with me. We have done events for thousands of people, such as for the Calgary Flames Playoff games and were the offical face painters for The Grey Cup. Our competitive rates are $110/hr per face painting artist, one of the cheapest on the market. Contact us for a quote today! Our customers come back year after year because of our quality and friendly work. We also can create custom corporate logo stencils on request. Ask about our Stencil Face Painting for large events that keeps the line moving and is a crowd pleaser!
13) I'd like to learn how to face paint, can you teach me? Absolutely! I provide training to beginners. If you'd like a private training session please conact me for details. If you'd like to join my team as a New Talent Artist and get exposure to the in's and out's of being a facepainter, I can provide all the coaching you need. You'll get a chance to work with professional facepainters, join in on events, know what materials to use and where to buy them, learn face painting techniques and have lots of fun! Please send me an email if you'd like to know more. Check out one of my instructional videos on how to face paint a rainbow tiger!
14) How do we wash off the face paint? The paint is easy to remove. Just use soap (or gentle shampoo), warm water and a soft cloth. Baby wipes work well too! If any mild staining occurs, use a moisturizer on the face, wait 30 minutes then repeat the process or try using makeup remover. It is good practice to wash off the face before going to bed.
15) What other services do you provide? Face painting, body painting , balloon twisting, henna, mehndi, glitter tattoos, air brush tattoos, magicians, photo booths and caricature artists. We also offer pre-natal belly painting and glow parties.
16) Why should I choose you? Professional, reliable and insured. Stunning artwork. Calgary's premier face painting provider. I am passionate about providing quality professional work. I have been in business since 2013 with repeat high end clients and I stand behind my work and that of my artists. I will never cancel an event if you have pre-booked since I have a large team who work with me and on call. I continually strive to bring creativity, new designs, lots of glitter and fun to special events. I believe as a mother, I along with my team, have a great rapport with children. I am a member of Clowns Canada and am fully insured. We hope you choose us for your next event! We'd love to make it spectacular.